Monday, March 24, 2008

Chapter 16-18

In chapter 17 Screwtape is telling Wormwood the his friends mother is a selfish person. She is used to getting what she wants and lately she does not receive anything properly as it was like back in the day. She's greedy and which makes her and her son feel very uncomfortable. She's picky and wants everything her way. He also states that women are more about vanity. I'm not sure if he's trying to sound and is sexist. I was just a bit confused on this chapter but it was interesting to read. On page 90 and 91, I was a bit lost because it seems that he is trying to say that women should cater to men and their needs. Then I think he says that we women should make sure their men/solders should be taken care of even though you have to lie to them? I really don't like this book and it is too confusing to me.

1 comment:

Kacy said...

I agree with you that this book is confusing. I always have to read the chapters numerous times just to try to understand what's being said. I like that we have the opportunity to write our thoughts, but when half the class doesn't understand what's going on than blogging isn't helpful. I didn't understand Chapter 17. I just read it again after reading your post and I'm still confused. I only really understood Chapter 16.